PLAN YOUR HUNT
What You Need to Bring
- Check our weather for a 7 day forecast with the understanding that we have found that beyond 48 hours the forecast accuracy declines significantly.
- Shotgun: 12, 16, and 20 gauge are normally used for pheasants at the ranch. Choke selection can be discussed for days, but improved or modified are usually appropriate.
- Blaze Orange: Minimum of a cap and vest. The rule is – more is better.
- Protective Eyewear: We require the utilization of protective eyewear. We have good inexpensive eyewear available for purchase.
- Ammunition: We recommend high velocity #6’s. For safety we prohibit the use of larger shot size and very high powered shot shells. We have seen problems with “heavy game loads” as having inadequate velocity to consistently bring down pheasants.
- Texas hunting license is required with an upland game stamp.
- PLEASE tip your guide. We are service-based industry and our guides work hard to give you the best hunt possible. 15%-20% of your hunt cost is standard.
What You Need to Know
- Out of state residents may buy a banded bird license good for 5 days.
- Alcoholic Beverages: consumption cannot be allowed until completing that day’s hunting/shooting activities. If you consume alcohol, you cannot participate that day.
- Pheasant hunting can be physically demanding, please know your limitations.